Saturday 20 April 2013

Save rock and roll - Fall Out Boy


Hey all, I said i would do a lil write up on Fall Out Boy's new album Save rock and roll
so here it is..

The album...



Fall Out boy is back with a new album after almost 5 years of hiatus since their last album Folie à Deux.
Save rock and roll starts off with the track ‘The phoenix’ which just hits you right in the head with the orchestral violin sounds at the start and the chorus just makes you want to walk down the street whilst pumping your fist.

 As I heard the album, I thought of how it was totally a FOB thing for them to put the most powerful song at the start (like for infinity on high, thriller was a really loud track as compared to the rest).
The album then comes to end softly with the song ‘Save Rock and Roll’ that features the sir himself, Elton John.

The album is power packed with 11 colourful tracks that makes you think “is this really fall out boy?” because the sounds are very different from the past albums they made. Not to mention the artists featured in this album are just mind-boggling. I’m sure none of the fob fans would have imagined they would collaborate with these artists.

From the all rounded sir Elton John to the up and coming British singer Foxes whom sang in ‘Just one yesterday’, it brings the album up to a whole new level.
[Big Sean featured for the song The mighty Fall, whilst Courtney Love featured in the song ‘Rat-A-tat’ (which has an interesting introduction to it) ]

Apart from featured artists, Jake Sinclair whom worked with the likes of Taylor Swift and P!nk engineered ‘my songs know what you did in the dark’ and ‘the mighty fall’. Also Butch walker whom produced many hit albums such as still not getting any by simple plan and nothing personal by all time low was the producer for this album.  
 
The pictures in the 'lyric' book


My favourite songs from this album was ‘Alone together’, ‘where did the party go’, ‘The mighty fall’, ‘Young volcanos’ and ‘Rat-A-tat’.  

Being a fall out boy fan personally, I must say this album is worth hearing and I enjoyed it very much. Yes they sound different, more bright and pop-y mixed with a hint of rock and I agree that I miss the reckless ‘under the cork tree’ times.  But artists grow like we do so don’t go hating their new songs too much. As for me, I couldn’t stop tapping my feet to the songs when I first heard it; the beat is just too addictive.

So do check the album out and this is just my own opinion/thoughts so don’t go bashing me for it.

Cheers J

No comments:

Post a Comment