Friday 12 April 2013

Of writing Letters and memories.


Today's evening sky

The one who sprained her ankle
Not knowing how,
Also,
The one who spent her last week of holidays at home

Whats up everyone ^^
Yeah well, as said above, its my last week of holidays :/
[OTL]
Soon, I'll be back in school, new semester, new modules to pass and worse still, 
New classmates. 

I am never good at handling new 'people' unless their a workplace. 
Which I am good at cuz i know how to handle seniors, 
but new classmates? ho-ho I honestly don't know how to deal. 
Like should i smile or not? Will they understand my jokes or not?
and some of them, lets just say i didnt leave a good first impression so, 
Im sure, we're gonna have a wall between us that (I do not wish to break)
Also, what if that class is filled with smart and competitive people?
What if its those kind of quiet classes?
Not to mention, the people I'm comfortable playing counter-strike with aren't in that class!
WHO AM I GONNA PLAY GAMES WITH NOW DURING BREAK!! DD;

Sigh. 

As I thought about all this, my eyes settled onto two boxes in my room. 
Whats inside 'em?
Letters. 
The box filled with letters exchanged during my primary school days & penpals.  ^^


I am the type who loves writing letters. 
As much as I love receiving them, I love writing them too because I feel thats the only way i can truly express myself and tell them what i really want to. 
Also, recieving such letters kinda makes your day. 
And its sincere to write one. 
So in these two boxes its filled with the letters i received since primary school. 
Looking into 1 box, I became very sad
because I am not close to everyone who wrote me a letter in primary school anymore. 
And i wish i was, because the 2 primary school buddies im close to, I still write to them and mail it. 
[yes in this time when i can just whatsapp or sms them]

The box filled with letter from secondary and poly friends


Then in another box, I feel sad too, 
it was filled with the letters my friend and I passed each other in class during secondary school.
Shes an artistic person so her letters are always filled with doodles. 
Her letters always made my days but sadly we went to different schools. 
Heck my best friends in secondary school, we were all separated to the different polys in Singapore. 
Not one of us is the same, so I see these letters as memories of the days we spent together in uniforms, 
gossiping, chatting, caring for each other etc. 

Letters written by my artistic bestie. She is one true artist. 


Then in the same box, are letters from my poly friends. 
I am so happy because they also write letters! 

So all in all, 
If you have ever written to me a letter, 
I still keep 'em and always will. 
Sometimes i pull them out to read it over and over again. 
and i miss the days when we exchanged them in class (either in primary or secondary)


Letters from my poly khakis ^^ 


Letters are important because like a horcrux 
they instill memories in them. 
Opening one letter, brings you back to the time when it was written. 

So I encourage everyone to write letters. 
Whether you are gonna post them through mail 
Or make it as just a class thing
 (of course not during lessons, exchange them during recess, thats what me and my friend did cuz we were from different classes..though we were next door haha.)

Other letters from my secondary bestie and pals ><

Best is to have things like 'angel' and 'mortal' in a class. 
I feel that, thats what made me like letters.
We were asked to do that by our english teacher in Primary school and it was really exciting to check our little 'mailbox' to see if our angels wrote to us. 

So yeah, 
how about you write a letter to someone today?
It might just help you to understand them better and get across your messages better 

Cheers all! and have a good friday night :)

*P.s I'm drinking my friday night away at home haha, Totally not looking forward to school starting. 


Have a good friday! Drink all you want but don't get too drunk unless your home :D



No comments:

Post a Comment