Sunday 7 April 2013

Travel Diary: Day 8

My Aunt, cousin and me.In a dress..just for the occasion. 

At the Sandalfold winery 




An amusing wine bottle holder...kind of regretting not buying one.

'Appetizer'


The main dish: Black Angus beef fillet

Dessert: Not sure what the name is but it was amazing..all thanks to my aunt who made me try it..I was refusing it profusely. 

My shoes~~


The garoupa fish cooked by my cousin whom is a western chef. Yes western yet he could cook this fish deliciously~~

Chocolate Fondue at my cousin's place. 

Day 8,Friday

This was a special day as it was my grandaunt's birthday. Which was why my aunt decided to bring all of us to eat at the Sandalfold winery. And was also the reason why I was a wearing a dress. 
Many of you whom have known me would know that I would rather die than wear a dress so it was a really big stepping stone to wear a dress. 
I did feel a little pretty and like a lady that day. 
My grandma couldn't help but be happy and made me take a picture almost everywhere (so did my grandaunts)
We first made a stop at a chocolate factory and a lavender shop before heading to the winery. 
The chocolate factory was really entertaining and being one who hates chocolates (I know right who can hate chocolates, this girl is weird! you must be thinking. However, you would consider twice about eating them after you removed 4 decays in one sitting.) i couldn't help but eat a little of the free tasting chocolates they had. They were delicious. 
The meal at the winery was splendid as well. 
I felt really bad eating there because it felt so high class and it must have cost a lot. 
They gave us all a menu however, everything seemed foreign to me because i couldn't understand what they wrote. 
Like seriously, they put the entire name of the meat and vegetables they used and i couldn't understand the term so I eventually asked my aunt for help and asked her to make it more simple. 
Eventually i ordered the beef steak, and oh-ho I was glad I have lived till this age and have tried that. 
It was very very nice (can't even use words to describe them). However i enjoyed the dessert the most. Yes i hate chocolate, but I couldn't resist dipping the bread (?) into the chocolate. It was just absolutely scrumptious. 
For dinner, we went to my cousin's house for he was cooking for my grandaunt (which means his mother) 
[Okay honestly i am very mixed up with the family name calling in english so pardon me if you find that its weird]
My cousin is actually a western chef and i must say his oriental cooking is not bad at all! Of course his other cookings were fabulous as well. 
It was a fun day (and a day filled with good food).
The night was filled  my nieces running around with my cousin as me and my aunt watched the movie 'Under the Tuscan Sun'. which has now became one of my favorite movie as well. 
It was already Day 8 and it was just 1 more day for me to enjoy this foreign land that I have just came to enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment