Sunday 7 April 2013

Travel Diary: Day 9 & Day 10

Day 9 


Tried red rooster at carrousel Shopping Centre. I found it weird how instead of ketchup and chilli packets, they gave me sour cream sauce.

BBQ Party at the house I stayed at. Most of my relatives came. 

Marshmallows and sparklers~~ First time barbecuing marshmallows though and it had been a while since i played with sparklers (and bubbles..) I felt like a 5 year old kid again


Day 10

Had Dim Sum as my last meal in Perth (weird right but it was nice cuz it was my 1st time eating dim sum haha)

A really pretty mural I passed as I was walking back to the car. 

Stopped for some gas before we went 'home' to take our luagge

All packed and ready in the car

Check In counter and plane


And off we goo~~












Dinner on the plane

Passed the night lights of somewhere..not quite sure where i was (because i mistook it for Singapore)

Day 9/Day 10 (Saturday-Sunday)

Day 9 started off slow and relaxing as we went out late and shopped around carrousel shopping centre, where I bought a few more clothes and a pair of shoes from rubi cuz it was on sale. 
However that day we went home early to prepare for a BBQ party. 
The weather was just nice, it was windy/chilly  yet not too cold for one to be outside. I got to try barbecuing marshmallows and I played with my cousin and nieces. 
They are all so fun to be around with. 
After everyone went home, I went to the backyard, pulled a chair and sat there under the stars just looking at them. Then my cousin followed suit and I talked to her about constellations and the moon story. 
I eventually stayed there longer then usual because I knew after that night i will never be able to see a sky like that back home. 
I could, however now with the raining season and all, the heavy dark clouds usually cover the night skies. 
With one last look, and a call from my granduncle i trudged back into the house and to my room. Where my eager cousin waited for my to play Uno with her. 
Overall I was anxious, happy and sad all at once because the next day I was leaving this place and I was going home where my parents were at. 

Day 10, started with me waking up early only to discover my grandma went out to the market. I did some last minute packing and checked my stuffs. An hour later, my grandma came back holding what seemed to be cauliflower and cabbage. (might i add she looked cute holding them haha oh my grandma)
For lunch we headed into the city to eat dim sum and i was shocked cuz they pushed carts there and we were to take what we want then they mark down what we took. Its like a whole different system from the restaurants we have here. 
At 3pm, we left the house and headed for the airport with two cars carrying our luggage. 
My relatives and I lingered at the departure hall, chatted at the food court there until 4pm. 
It was sad to part with the relatives who showed me around and I was thankful for everything they had done for me over the past 10 days. Meeting them was a whole new experience for me. 
4.20pm we made it barely to the boarding room, where we were supposed to board at 4.30pm.
However it was delayed until almost 5 and we took off about 5.20pm. 
As usual, flying on a plane was the time i am most fascinated with. I looked down the city as the plane turned and i was in awe. The land were flat and you could still see cars driving around. I could even recognize the city and Kings Park. 
As the plane did a few turns, it then moved forward over plain land and deserts towards its destination. 
Home. 
After 5 hours of sitting down and reading a book, I was excited when we were about to land and when we did I almost teared. Cuz that was when I realised I missed my parents a lot. 
The plane stopped at the far end of the terminal so it was cruciating just to walk all the way to the arrival hall. 
After getting the luaggage and hopping over to the duty free shop, i went out the gates.
I was very so happy to be back home. 

This trip this time was an eye-opener for me. For this person who has only travalled around parts of asia. 
It was also a time for me to meet my grandaunt and uncle, my cousins (who are both wayyy older then me and are married)  and nieces.
I enjoyed the whole new experience and I wouldn't mind travelling there again. 
However, next time, before i go there, I should take note to take driving lessons first.
You really need a car to get around places there.

With that i hope you enjoyed my travel diary over the past week. 
Cheers~






No comments:

Post a Comment