Tuesday 28 May 2013

Of Music Matters

Music matters~~!!

Hey all!
As I said in my earlier posts, I promised to do a post on music matters if i went.

AND I DID!

Yes, it would have been stupid of me to not go when it was a free concert.
However I really went against my parents to attend it so I sulked the whole friday when I was told I couldnt go for the last days of MM.

But anyways, I managed to catch Flumpool!
Yes. They were the band that kick-started the 'J-Rock matters' segment and I must say they were awesome too.
I arrived just on time so there wasn't really much space to stand so I just stood by the side of the stage because I thought 'Why cram at the center when you can't see them at all?'
And I indeed chose the best spot cuz the band went up the stage from where I stood.

Flumpool from my side


The setlist for flumpool was very short which is understandable because they only had about 45mins to perform them but they were awesome.
They sang Kakusei Identity, Touch,  Hana ni nare, OAOA (A song that is originally from the famous Taiwanese band Mayday) and Answer.
I didn't really know the first two songs because I think it was from their new album and I havent got around listening to it but it was really exciting to see flumpool right before my eyes.
Not to mention Genki-san kept looking to the side of the stage to try and hype us up.
[Which he definitely did cuz people screamed whenever he made an action to tell us to make more noise]
Also, the drum solo seiji-san did was phew...It blew my mind. I couldnt stop shaking my head and tapping my feet when he did those mad beats.. And it was awkward for me because nobody was like hyped up where I was standing,
It could be because the speakers were facing away from us so..yeah I couldnt hear the songs well too.
But I enjoyed seeing them on stage and I was happy that I got to see them right in front of me.
However I wished that I wasn't too starstruck and could have said something to them. That would beat me smiling idiotically at them. (but it could be because I saw genki-san up close. I really just couldn't move or say a word.)
Got clear/Zoomed shot of Genki-san jaming from the side 



















So I apart from flumpool I couldnt catch any other artists because my parents wouldn't allow me to stay out any time after 11pm. (Which is utterly ridiculous considering the fact that I'm old enough but lets just not go there)
So I caught the rest of the concert on youtube.
Faber drive was cool as well and they performed their hit song 'tongue tied' that really made me regret not throwing my phone into the clarke quay river and ignoring my parents.


Genki-san getting off stage :D
Ryuta-san and Seiji-san going off.
Didnt get to take Kazuki-san though.
(Bt he did slim down a bit btw)



















[Sorry for the poor quality of of photos, my phone dosent like taking pictures in the dark. I tried photoshop-ing the pics above :)]

On friday, I watched the concert on youtube again.
M.I.B was fabulous. How I wished I got to see them live. Their energy on stage was no joke. I however I was not sure if kangnam's mic was not working or he was sick and not singing but I couldnt hear his voice.
But overall really really loved their performance.

Overall last week was a week filled with events. From the youtube fanfest to social star awards to music matters. We had so many online celebrities on our shore and seriously these events reflect how our era has moved. I mean these people who came to Singapore got famous through youtube an online platform and in the past when we said 'famous celebrities' we would immediately think singers/actors/actresses on television. But people these days refer to famous people on youtube as 'celebrities' as well.
I'm not sure about you but I am just in awe of how times have changed. And how time has given so much opportunities and unknown talent to these people.

Ok then till my next post

Cheers :)
[P.s Here are videos of the performance from Music Matters that I personally enjoyed]

Flumpool - Jrock Matters 

Faber Drive!!!

Electrico- Singapore Music FTW!! 

M.I.B- Kpop Matters

No comments:

Post a Comment