Friday 7 June 2013

Music Fridays: Japanese Songs off Japanese Dramas

Hey!
So another end of the week means another Music Fridays!!
This week I will be introducing some of my all-time faverite japanese songs taken from the many japanese dramas I watch.

I grew up watching Japanese dramas and I've been watching since the age of 5 cuz my mother always watches them and they used to be played on channel 8 and channel U.
They dont do it now anymore cuz its the 'Korean Fever'.
In the past, Japanese/Jpop was very popular so they used to play japanese dramas on local tv.
And I prefer Japanese over Korean dramas at times because I understand Japanese rofl.
But then again these days I haven't found a nice Japanese drama so..I've been rewatching my all time faves.
Haha.

So this week's theme for Music Fridays is  Japanese Drama OST




This song was the song that made me love Greeeen a lot. This song 'Kiseki' (meaning miracle or seasons..but i think it means miracle)  was used in the dramas 'Rookies' (which is a high-school action dramas that is very recommended. Its my all time favorite and was a hit show in Japan.) I don't know why but I always seem to tear when I hear this song. (Though its not as bad as their other song 'Haruka' now that song just makes me cry) The lyrics are just really well written and just hits you in a way. A fun fact about this band is that they have never showed themself. When you search Greeeen you don't see real life people but a picture of 4 people. This is as they started this group to earn money to pay for their college fees and now their day-time job are dentists. Do listen to their other songs because their really good.



Ikenai Taiyou (Tried to translate it but can't seem to find the right words cuz. ikenai means 'banned' or just something thats wrong. then Taiyou is the sun. So it becomes Banned sun? SEEE..its not easy..translating,even for a half-native like me..) Anyways, this was used as the theme song for 'Hanzakari kimi tachi e' which i'm sure you guys better know it as hana kimi or for you in full blossom. Or for korean fans you will know 'to the beautiful you'. Well, this is the Japanese version and my MOST favorite version (not cuz its japanese. if you havent watched it, watch it. You'll know why its the best) . Also this group Orange Range sings a great deal of awesome songs. Another faverite song of mine from them would be 'Hana'.



The song, Love so Sweet, that made me love them. The drama that was another all time faverite of mine. From the OST of hana yori dango or better known as 'Boys Over Flowers'. Love so sweet by arashi!!
Arashi is a boygroup that is loved by a wide spread of people in Japan. Many in japan would know them and love them. (Even my mom..my mom was super crazy over them at a point of time.) Their concerts are exclusive to Johnny fans and are chosen by balloting but the stadium seats are always full. They are not only awesome singers but good at variety shows as well.
They have sang many songs for dramas and most of them are dramas that I have enjoyed.
Like 'Truth' . If you love a suspense filled drama so watch it. It starts Ikuta Toma and Arashi's leader, Ohno Satoshi.



I said above that there were Japanese dramas shown on Local TV and the drama this song was taken from is just one of those shows. Hitoribochi no Haburashi (The lonely Toothbrush) was taken from this drama called 'Mukudono!' or 'My husband'. The show was broadcasted in 2001 and sometimes when I get bored I go back to watching this show. Its a really cute drama of how this guy marries the girl she loves but this guy is not an ordinary guy. He is actually a sexy charismatic idol singer and got secretly married to the girl. However the thing is, he lives with his wife's family but the wife and her family does not know that he is an idol and the fans of the idol does not know that he is married!
If you are interested in how things go do check this drama out.


The last song I will introduce today is from this drama called 'Buzzer Beat' which is a romantic drama that revolves around basketball.
This song, 'Ichibu to zenbu' (Just a part and everything) is sung by B'Z a Rocking awesome duo.
I first heard of B'z from an older drama called 'beautiful life' that stars kimura takuya and I love that song as well. The singer, Koshi-san has a really unique rocking voice that just suits all the song they sing (which are written by him as well). Not to mention, Matsumoto-san  is a grammy award winning Japanese Guitarist.
His skills are awesome and I admire him as well for his skills. They are a group that have been around for a long time and a group I will be listening for a long time as well.

So thats the end of music fridays and maybe if I have a chance I will write about the Japanese dramas that I watch and recommand. I know many of you won't be interested because you all probably prefer american/british and korean dramas. Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against those dramas cuz I myself like some american/british/korean dramas. Its just that some Japanese dramas has that humour and horrific and just a really well-written script. If I ever had a chance I would love to work on a Japanese drama. (Another reason why I chose my current course.)

Ok then with this have an awesome weekend and....

Cheers.




No comments:

Post a Comment