Monday 18 February 2013

Thoughts and experience as a student journalist


Hey alls!
So as part of my module i take, 
I was given a mini side project of writing a pre-publicity material for Chingay 2013. 
(Which I should say ain't mini at all)

It was definitely an awesome experience and really helped me to open my eyes to see what i have not seen. 
To many chingay is just another parade and we just gather to see the performances occasionally. 
However as I interviewed the performers (whom were really really nice, they really helped us out even though they were tired from the long hours of rehearsing so cheers to them!) i saw a whole new perspective of what Chingay was. 
It is not just a parade to show off or anything, but it was a parade that came from the heart. The heart of the performers, the co-ordinators and everyone involved. 
They strived on for just one reason "to put up a good show".
One performer i interviewed told me she joined Chingay after she watched it and that she got 'goosebumps' from it. 
She was right, I felt the goosebumps when i sat and watch them rehearse. 

Okay enough about my experiences. 
Do check out Chingay if you got da chance and if im not wrong its on TV on the 24th?
I know that it will be happening on the 24th & 25th at the f1 pit building so look out for it yeah?!


I guess i wrote enough, enjoy the pictures below.
All were taken by me and they might be spoilers but i guess you can say that you should be hyped up for this year's Chingay as its gonna bring something new and awesome to you this year :D

Cheers!




A small "Did You Know?"
  • Chingay started out in 1973 to replace the firecrackers shows that was banned in 1972 due to safety precautions. 
  • in 1985, it started parading around orchard Road
  • Behind the old Singapore $2 note there was actually a picture of Chingay!
Source: Wikipedia



No comments:

Post a Comment