Friday 6 December 2013

Night

The night has always been calming to me since I was young.
I'm not quite sure myself why it has always been so.

Was it because of the darkness?

Or the fact that the dark skies with stars spreaded out made me feel free.

Or was it the fact that when night fell, everything just stopped. 

The phone stops ringing, the parents stop fussing.. I was free like the birds that flew in the skies during the day.

When I was young, when night fell it was my time to feel free. Opening the curtains and lying on my bed thats placed beneath the windows to get a glimpse of the stars.

The stars were my company now and then.
Just looking at them shine gave me comfort.

As I grew up and everything around me became busy and fast. The night was the only time where everything stopped. It was also a time for me to divulge in things I wanted to do. Looking at the cars zooming on the roads. Either back home or to a night shift. Everything below was still busy but occasionally it just stops.
No cars, no sounds, just the stars, me and the occasional breeze.

When night falls I become someone else. I strip off every thing I show to others and just be me.

The weak and vulnerable one. The one who wants freedom. The one who wants to be cared. The one who wants to be loved. The one who does things that she dosent want others to see and be judged for.

No one smiles everyday nor care for others if one does not care for oneself first.

On days I cry, on days I laugh, on days I pray to stars hoping it might work. However, many times these days I breathe in chemicals to be one with the night and be lost in the darkness.

Freedom.  Safety.  Love.
These are what the night brings me.
They accompany this solemn soul of mine like how they probably have accompanied others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment