Tuesday 6 January 2015

Getaway to Phuket: Day 1 and 2

Flew above the skies for 1 hour 25 minutes to the land of Phuket!!

I recently made a trip to Phuket for a 5D4N trip from the 24th of December to the 29th. 
It was quite a tiring yet interesting experience, but I think one trip was enough for me. 
I felt honestly a bit weird at Phuket because everywhere I turned there was no asians at all! 
When I went for dinner at a christmas eve party held by the hotel the day i reached, there was no asians at all. I was literally shocked at that. I wasn't sure why but I think I expected at least one or two other asian familes. 

Anyways for this post, I will be talking about the first 2 days of being in Phuket, because if I tried to haul all my photos in one post it will take years to load. 

DAY 1
I had to catch a 1pm flight so I had to be at the airport by 10am. However, because of having to clear last minute work, I only slept at 3am hence I was really out of my mind. The plan ride was horrendous for me because the cabin pressure got me really sick. So I was felt really crappy when I reached there. 














However, the hotel room made everything better. The room was amazing and so was the bath room! It had a friggin bath tub and the toilet space was huge! The room was connected to my parents' so that was nice as well as I could get my stuff easily. The view from the window was blocked by trees but nonetheless I liked it.


By the time we freshened up it was time for the Christmas eve party (yes I did wear a dress because I was told it was causal..but people went causally as I expected..) which was where I got a shock -there was not a single asian family. It was just so overwhelming..like I didn't belong there. However, the night ended well as I got to see random fireworks!!




Day 2
Woke up to a good day and breakfast was amazing. The view of the mountains whilst having breakfast was splendid. Then began the tourist visits.













We went to see the Big Buddha, which was a really splendid place.  I didn't mind staying there for long as well. It was windy and I don't know, something about the place made me feel at peace.  The view from the Big Budhha was amazing too.Though it was cloudy so I couldn't get a nice picture of it (as seen above)


(The cat that slept on the book)

Had lunch beside the sea, which was pretty cool though it was cloudy. Seafood again but I really enjoyed eating the Tom Yum Soup there it was delicious!!! And of course, a beautiful coconut drink from the husk itself to top things off.


(Yes, thats what )




After lunch, we visited a cashew nut factory. Yes the picture above depicts a cashew nuts look like before they are taken apart from the plant. Interesting yeah?!
After that, we drove around to find fireworks to pop at the beach (which we later found out we left in the car of our driver so we couldn't get a chance to play with the fireworks :/)


 I was honestly so tired by the end of the day but because shifted rooms (because there was a discount for the villas) I had to unpack everything again. (urgh) I couldn't tell what the villa was like because it was dark. We ended up having dinner in the villa and that was about it for Day 1 and 2~



No comments:

Post a Comment